Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Faint Praise

The closest CNN would ever come to admitting the Democrats acted crassly at Coretta Scott King's funeral. Jeff Greenberg had faint praise for President Bush.
I do, however, think that in a more subtle way, this actually rebounds to the credit of President Bush. I mean, he came to the funeral, changed his plans, made a gracious speech. And I think for people who are not politically committed -- I mean, if you don't like George Bush, this was fine. If you like George Bush, this was horrible.

I think for a lot of people the idea is, do you really do this at a funeral?
I wish he had completed the "for those people who are not politically committed -- " He might have noted that those are the crucial uncommitted center that the Democrats keep alienating who will be the ones asking "do you really do this at a funeral?"

And yes, the Dems do. As Greenberg noted there was a backlash from the Simon funeral. It did not reflect well on the Democrats. Once might be fervor. Twice is a indication of lack of decency.

No comments: