Friday, July 30, 2004

Bringing back Amy Carter

Atlanticblog noticed a telling moment at the Convention other bloggers missed that aggravated me to no end.

The 2000 election brought back adults into the White House, and it struck me as likely that a Kerry victory would bring back the children. I did not realize just how literal that would be.
With her high-pitched delivery and breathy enthusiasm, the seventh-grader from Oakland, Calif., wowed the crowd Tuesday night. And when she chided Cheney for using a four-word expletive in an exchange with Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy, she brought delegates roaring to their feet.

'When our vice president had a disagreement with a Democratic senator, he used a really bad word,' Ilana said. 'If I said that word, I would be put in a timeout. I think he should be put in a timeout.'

Just about the same age as Amy Carter when her father turned to her for advice on nuclear weapons.

I had forgotten about Jimmy's reliance on Amy. Don't miss his great riff on Sociology. His whole site is great.

No comments: