Friday, April 08, 2005

Fairness

I have in the past been critical of Canadian media. Having followed their media for years I know they are in-step followers of the Washington Post and, to a lesser extent, the New York Times. That's pretty much the same for our media as well, from the Los Angeles times to the Miami Herald. So I do not think less of the Canadians for their government. Living in California with our Third World Democrat one-party rule for 30 years, I know corruption first hand and I sympathize with Canadians who feel helpless to change things. Even when Republicans had a majority here, one turncoat Republican, like Jim Jeffords later did in the Senate, denied the Republicans leadership.

One thing I have great respect for and I wish we had is an independent auditor like Shiela Fraser who brought the Adscam scandal to the public attention. She should be commended for her integrity.

No comments: